Cecile Kelly. BSW, MCAP.
Psychotherapist, Counsellor and Accredited Mental Health Social Worker.
Fee is $105 for a 50 minute session.
Medicare Rebates of $76/session for a total of 10 sessions per year, if clients have been referred by their GP. A limited capacity exists for bulk billing.
Non-Medicare sessions available for clients who wish for long-term support at the standard fee rate.
Payment is required at the end of each session.
Wednesday 10am - 1pm & 2pm - 6pm
Thursday 11am - 1pm & 2pm - 6pm
Cecile offers a compassionate, skilled, curious and professional approach to her work offering clients a safe space to unload and develop fully into their true self and potential. Through many years of experience and study, Cecile enjoys the depth and uniqueness in every client while assisting in a flexible and attuned way offering safety and support while we are immersed and recovering from and processing significant life events such as bereavement, grief and loss, complex and acute trauma. Throughout the last 30 years Cécile has spent time in many areas of need. While continuing to develop in the ever-changing field of psychology the following are some of the main areas of experience.
• Special interest and experience in grief counseling.
• Interest and experience in culture, identity, belonging and mental health challenges of migration and transition.
• Sincere and holistic regard for the wellbeing, growth and empowerment of young and older adults experiencing psychological difficulties. Seek to help individuals grow through life transitions of early adulthood and family life, mid life transition issues and aging well with choice and dignity. Ability to advocate, empower and inspire individuals to achieve their goals.
• Experience in the areas of various trauma presentations, Depression, Generalised anxiety, Adjustment disorder, Panic disorders, Sleep issues, bereavement, Complex Grief, Intergenerational trauma, PTSD, Palliative care, Aged care, Dementia carer support, Chronic pain, ill health.
• Competence in both the public and private health sectors with a broad range of Clientele. Very familiar and content in a multidisciplinary environment where mutual professional exchange is encouraged. Adaptable in working with diversity and different styles around clients and interprofessionally.
• Strong capacity for care in the establishment of trust in the therapeutic relationship with clients.
• Competence, passion and experience in variety of therapeutic counseling modalities including attachment focused psychodynamic work, ACT and mindfulness based approaches, Interpersonal therapy for depression and anxiety, emotion coaching, Narrative Therapy, and evidence based CBT.
• Attachment based therapy.
• Trauma informed care.
• 30 years of bio psychosocial assessment and counseling in a broad range of acute, sub acute hospital and community based settings, as a social worker and later in private practice as a therapist.
• Psycho- social -medical awareness relating to a range of disorders presenting in various public and private health facilities, including issues within Antenatal, Orthopaedic, Rehabilitation and Transitional care, Intensive Care Units, Step Down units, Medical Assessment Units, Renal, Cardiac, HIV, Palliative care, Aged care and end of life issues.
• Significant work experience in a range of areas including rehabilitation within neurological and chronic disease specialty units (Aged care Rehab, Adult Rehab, Huntington’s Unit, Aged care psychiatry, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone and Huntington’s disease and older persons rehabilitation. Experience in delivery of MHTPs in Rural Aged Care settings.
• Experience in Cardiac education program and counseling support.
• Experience in assisting clients through the challenges and long term effects following traumatic or neurologically based brain injury.
• Engaged and committed to ongoing professional and personal development, via regular attendance at supervision, Mental health Academy, Webinars and Mental Health Academy subscription, Employment based mandatory professional education, professional practice interest groups and self-reflection.
LIFE QUALITY & HEALTH
16 Prince Street.
Cnr Prince & Nullum St.
02 66727796 (Phone /Fax)